Welcome to The O'Leary-Hauser Blog!

Written with love, honesty, and humor to let you have a peek into our lives as the boys grow and have many exciting years of fun, adventure, love, and happiness (with hopefully minimal mishaps).

Please join in the ride . . . .




Monday, November 12, 2012

Listen to Me!

Brady is in that adorable stage where he is starting to say words here and there. 

14 months and growing up too fast . . .

To date . . .

Garrett (his first word believe it or not)
da da
Ana
dat (that)
done
no
lemon
broom
black
lion
koala
cracker
bye
bye bye
this is Garrett
Brenden

Notice no mama or mama milk - he just slaps my chest when he wants milk and points at me when he wants me.  Nice huh?! 

Oh Brady.

UPDATES:

agua
boogie
calle
uh-oh
bow wow
doggie
ma ma

more (15.5 mo):

turtle
Jason
Santa
bear
bang bang
beep
grandma
Cindy
car
close

more (16 mo):

astronaut
alien
jewels
Bud
swing set
butt
Saffy
choo choo
train
12/19/12: "I want that" [said in a very determined manner while pointing at and reaching for what was in Garrett's hands]
bite it
try

16-17 mo:
stamp
snowball
slow
try it
climb it
it's mine
blanket
carrot
Karen
sick
snap
bubble

Yes - we do have some odd conversations around here . . . .

This continues to be such a weird and fun mix of words!  So fun.

17 mo +
guys
bunny
soft
throw it
beach
kitchen
Hanukkah
pasta
colleague
silly
crazy
don't want it
cheese
careful
now (read (and said as) NOW)
orange
lotion (otion)
why?  (I was hoping we could wait a little longer until this word entered his vocabulary)
iguana (guana)
video
something (and later - something mouth now please) - said in a firm voice while hanging off the refrigerator handles or banging on the pantry doors)
2/11/13: cut it out (said to Garrett)

18+
dirty
tissue
honey
socks
mommy (I LOVE this one)
horsey Gabby
no thank you
cane
clean it
pillow
gentle
shoes
tea
soup
food
boo boo ice

19+
strawberry
blog
emails
pants off
police socks
get it
naked bath
potty
get out
mine
big kids
close it
drink
more
dump it
Maxie teeth
treat teeth
Murphy
potty book
bounce house party
teddy bear
thank you trees
mommy's milk

20+ (can you tell we were in Hawaii for two weeks during this time??!!)
big truck
big rock
I'm cold
super cool
gecko
agua in
kid pool
I win
take it
real fish
giant turtle
aloha
Hawaii
touch it
secret path
hydrate
turn candle
hi campers
sea lion
golf cart
wild animal
baking soda
knock knock
hi guys
get up
sit down
belly out
Happy birthday to you (said randomly to no one in particular)
birthday pookie
big airplane
take off
zip this shut
this one
I really need my daddy
mommy pee pee potty silly
thank you goodbye
no more monkeys jumping bed
good broccoli
kale moothie (kale smoothie)
hi Max and Murphy
hi mommy
hi daddy
hi Ana
hi Garrett
hi Elmo (you get the point - he is obsessed with saying hi to people)
abracadabra
call the cops
I need new agua
turn the page
touch it soft
spread it out
cozy blanket
Garrett go?
Garrett nice
brother nice
earth
bicycle
leave
huggie (hug)
like it (which really means he doesn't like something)
parking spot
water table

21+
my window down more too
read it to us
bumblebee fly home
Home Depot
freeze dance
helps mommy
nice doggie
I love you/I wuv you (OK - I know he is just mimicking me - but this is heart melting)
sing it again
new seat
ride naked
blanket on
humans
up in the tree
sometimes
what's happened?
losing my mind (mimicking mommy)
Oh My God (mimicking daddy)
sing a song
twinkle twinkle little star
go potty
swing set awhile
baby dolphin sound
ardilla (Spanish for squirrel) coming
turn it on
sing a song of six pence
eyes down mouth shut [legs] on top of [the] water (from swimming class)
cooking class
knock it over
I do
Brady does
poop in the potty (which he hasn't done yet)
cool it down
adjust the penis
penis time
crazy mommy
change my pampy (diaper)
aqua too
ride naked
Cat in the Hat
rhino
second page
amigo

22+
Statue of Liberty
hi Statue of Liberty
Statue of Liberty shake hand
ferry boat
I love you Garrett
taxi
bridge
big bus get on it
dinosaurs
I'm scary (meaning I'm scared)
dizzy
going fast
lay with me mommy
train leaving
want to (said shaking his head no meaning he doesn't want to do something)
Central Park Zoo
really mommy
people jogging
daddy buying waffles

23+
hold on to mommy
humans poop in the potty, doggies poop on the grass
happy birthday to my penis
happy birthday to Carmen
aqua on my foot
my shoes are outside
puppy statue of liberty new york
turn on my music
my favorite
secret, I love you
farmer's market with daddy
ABC's (usually part of the alphabet, sometimes the whole thing) [and then] - sing with me
celebrate my birthday
Red rover, red rover come here
bring it to my room
scratch my back
Dr Castellano my skin doctor
big boy now
rainbow
paparazzi
Tamashii Ramen House
music class
wipe my tears
Costco with daddy
Eden and Elle
my shoes outside
sing a song of six pence a pocket full of rice [instead of rye]

23+
my own train
present from Garrett
give it to me
saw Dr. Irwin's colleague
Dr. Irwin on vacation
refresh my agua, put an ice cube in it
see the baby lion
spit in the sink
somebody go under it
I fart on your face
tickets please
Happy birthday to mommy cha cha cha
where did the lighthouse go?
where did the sunset go?
Go to bounce bounce class with mommy
daddy dumped ice on the big sandbox class
no more ice
Happy Birthday to me
anybody want some ice cream
Valerie helped clean up
this is yummy
fireworks
I was scared, went inside with daddy, waved my flag
help me open it mommy
tip it over again
sit down on this
all aboard
I'm the conductor

No comments:

Post a Comment