Welcome to The O'Leary-Hauser Blog!

Written with love, honesty, and humor to let you have a peek into our lives as the boys grow and have many exciting years of fun, adventure, love, and happiness (with hopefully minimal mishaps).

Please join in the ride . . . .




Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Hope Not

This is a tough entry to write - the events at Newtown have really affected me.  I have been unable to comprehend what I would do if I were one of the parents of those precious little kids.  Unthinkable.

I always tell Garrett I love him when I tuck him in.  Rarely does he say I love you back - I don't take it personally :)

Last night he said 'I love you too mommy."  Then he asked "Will you be with me my whole life?"  Of course, I told him - "Yes Garrett - don't worry" and "My life would not be half as much fun without you in it."

As I teared up and shut the door I thought to myself - I certainly hope not.

I hope you are having fun and giving and receiving love and having spectacular adventures beyond your wildest dreams long, long after I am gone.

I love you Garrett.

I love you Brady.

No comments:

Post a Comment